So today, we made lots of pictures and used them in various ways. Our instructor showed us some great ways to use everyday materials in new ways to make inexpensive activities. I made the following:
A matching game with letters of the alphabet using a file folder, velcro, and a cut up alphabet bulletin board boarder.
A set of picture cards for behavior words that I can wear around my neck for use with autistic students.
A file folder game with pockets for sorting UNO cards.
An unfinished book and picture interaction set so that the child can answer questions about the book.
I also met some more of the new people in the cooperative. They all have different districts, but they all have questions like mine, so I am not feeling so alone. I also found out that I am not expected to provide therapy the first week of school. This is a big relief, because I had no idea how I was supposed to coordinate schedules that quickly.
More training tomorrow.